Author Topic: Buses from Brill  (Read 7811 times)

TonyBurroughs

• Global Moderator
Buses from Brill
« on: April 08, 2009, 12:53:00 PM »
Just to add some more information about the buses from Brill. I've posted the timetables - links below.

Note the Service 11 on Mondays and Thursdays from Brill Square at 13:43 - very useful for teenagers though be warned, it didn't turn up on Monday this week.

Note also the Service 12 leaving Brill at 9.37am on Tuesdays and Thursdays arriving Thame at 10am. Ideal for 6th formers at LWS with a 'free' that morning.

Information on all Bucks buses including these services can be discussed (with a real human being) on the Bucks travel line number which is 0871 2002233.

Hope this adds a few more b*ms on seats.

Tony

Service 11 to Aylesbury via Haddenham
Service 12 to Princes Risborough via Haddenham

Phil Harriss

Re: Buses from Brill
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 01:19:00 PM »
Many thanks for the info Tony, but it's still a pretty lamentable service for a village this size. It would be great to have a regular service into the night from Thame to Bicester, calling at Brill. I reckon many teenagers would use it. What about starting a campaign?

Tim Andrew

• Administrator
  • Brill webmaster and moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 01:36:54 PM »
I agree, I could do a lot less teenager taxidriving :o

TonyBurroughs

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 04:20:41 PM »
Thame to Bicester via Brill certainly would be a wonderful facility. If I were running the bus company I would like to see a few more on the existing services before I took the risk. The existing service is quite useable; it's easy to get to Haddenham and Thame station from Aylesbury, Oxford and Bicester and there are services at 5.10pm, 6.10pm and 7.10pm. I'm an occasional user but my two little adults are regularly seen now - I recommend all to give it a try.

Tony

Helen

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 05:57:59 PM »
Richard and I tried to do our bit for the environment, by going to an event at Hartwell House using public transport (nothing to do with us wanting the wine that was on offer!)
Going there was fine. It was a Tuesday, so were able to get the 9.37 bus to Thame, then the bus from Thame to Aylesbury, which dropped us off at the Hartwell House stop. No problems - all went smoothly.
Returning was a different matter. We actually got a lift back to Thame, turning down the offer of a lift back to Brill, as this would have been out of the way for our friends. And anyway, there was a bus to Brill from Thame at 17.00, except it didn't arrive.
We ended up taking a taxi - an expensive way of making use of our free bus passes!
Will we try again? I don't know.

Helen

Tim Andrew

• Administrator
  • Brill webmaster and moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 07:39:37 AM »
Confidence in the system is everything. My son and friend waited for a bus from Brill to Thame, i forget exactly what time (lunchtime or mid-afternoon) and they waited 40mins before giving up. The result is that they won't bother again and will pester me for lifts.

TonyBurroughs

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 11:33:25 AM »
It's good to see these experiences of the bus service posted here. I'm going to draw this thread to the attention of John Bass who is the contact at AVDC for rural public transport.

If you have any other views or experiences now would be a good time to tell us here on the forum.

Tony