Author Topic: Bus to Haddenham Station  (Read 5154 times)

Nigel Houghton

Bus to Haddenham Station
« on: March 06, 2009, 09:19:47 AM »
I caught the 6:37 bus this morning (Friday) from Brill to Haddenham station. The driver told me that I was the first passenger all week. The driver informed me that this service will get cancelled if no-one uses it. I'd invite any comments on whether we should do something about it.

Tim Andrew

• Administrator
  • Brill webmaster and moderator
Re: Bus to Haddenham Station
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 11:42:56 AM »
That's worrying. I've been meaning to put a link to buses that serve Brill here on the website. If you know the URL maybe post a link to it here or preferably in the new links section under transport:
http://brilltalk.brillvillage.co.uk/index.php?action=links;sa=addlink;cat=2

elainehorsey

• Calendar Manager
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 06:35:21 PM »
Nigel

My husband, Chris, regularly uses this bus as it is his only mode of transport to get to work (not a driver) and has been since the bus started many years ago.  This week has been an exception, as work commitments have needed earlier taxis 2 days to connect with Leeds train from London, and he has caught the later school bus the other days.  He generally uses it 4 days a week.

He is the only regular user. There are irregular users from time to time, usually from Oakley.  There have been several threats that the service will be supsended if it is not used, which would cause us great problems.

We would urge more people to consider using this service - it is cheaper than the petrol costs to and from the station, without the car parking charge on top.  The service will most definately be cut if the current uptake does not improve.  There are return buses at 17.10 18.10 and 19.10, so unless a later return is planned, no problem.  It is a very reliable service and did not miss a day throughout the heavy snow week. 
Please feel free to ring Chris on 01844 238639 if you want to know more.  Any ideas on how to improve uptake would be welcome.  There has been a post on bus times in the Bernwode News recently.

Link to buses servicing Brill below - can't get the link posted on to the transport section Tim, perhaps you can achieve this, doesn't work for me!  Buses servicing Brill are NOS  11, 12, 30, 38  and 118

Elaine

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/content/index.jsp?contentid=-709132650

« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 07:17:28 PM by elainehorsey »

Tim Andrew

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 11:19:45 AM »
Thanks for that info Elaine, I've put the link in. What happened when you tried to add a link? If it didn't work for you I need to troubleshoot it.

It's not a very clever page as it says it's a timetable, and then doesn't say what time the bus comes, only which days...doh!

http://brilltalk.brillvillage.co.uk/index.php?action=links;cat=2

elainehorsey

• Calendar Manager
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 01:57:54 PM »
Tim and all

If you click on the underlined individual bus route headings, the detailed timetables open up.  When I tried to add the link, a message popped up saying "AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED  you cannot add links."  Similarly when clicking on the link you posted, it did not take me there and a message popped up stating "AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED you can not view the links page".

Elaine
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 02:29:27 PM by elainehorsey »

Tim Andrew

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 06:37:55 PM »
OK thanks looks like a permission problem, although anyone should be able to view but only registered members add, I'll investigate. Anyone else had this?

Tim Andrew

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 12:16:58 AM »
BTW Elaine do you get errors elsewhere? I'm wondering why hardly anyone has added their photos of Brill etc. Can you try and see if any part of the process seems un-intuititive?