Author Topic: Martial arts in the village hall?  (Read 5317 times)

goth_girl

Martial arts in the village hall?
« on: November 05, 2008, 09:33:45 PM »
For a while now, i have been wondering if there were any martial arts taught in the memorial hall. I often see that its open to various groups (eg - yoga etc) so i was curious as to whether there were any sort of martial arts classes.
 If not, would anyone want one to start? I myself would like to take part in such a thing, but at the moment i cant get to anywhere to do so. I'm sure that this would be welcomed by many of the younger villagers, and would provide a welcome respite from things such as computors and television (and a break for parents  ;D)
 If anyone would want to make this thing happen, i think it would be great. I myself dont know how to go about starting the whole process, but im sure there are people out there who do.

Cate

Re: Martial arts in the village hall?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 09:52:06 AM »
Hi goth_girl.  I'd be really interested in doing martial arts if a group got going.  I used to do Tae Kwon-Do for a short while and I've been thinking for a while I should take it up again, or something similar.  If you get anywhere with this, please let me know!

goth_girl

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 04:49:58 PM »
I used to do something like karate (more of a mix of things really) at Aylesbury aqua vale sport center but had to stop due to transport problems. I'm not sure how to go about getting this off the ground, i don't know who to contact about starting this or even how much it would cost, but im hoping someone will help who reads these posts!  ;D
  Perhaps doing a survey of people who would be interested would be a good place to start

Cate

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 04:53:02 PM »
Good thinking - we might need more than two of us to get it off the ground!  Lol.

I'll ask around and see if anyone knows anyone who might be able to help...

nickwynd

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 01:09:56 PM »
If anyone is still interested in this idea please would they let me know. I study taekwondo and this could be a possibility if there is interest. Thank you Nick

Cate

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 01:16:28 PM »
I would definitely still be interested.  If it does get off the ground count me in! :)

nickwynd

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 09:04:51 AM »
I am going to begin training taekwondo at brill on friday 8th of May (next friday) all ages and abilities are welcome to come along. I am confirming the booking today. It will be 6:30-8:30 in the Memorial hall. I believe there will be no problem with getting the hall but if this falls through I will still be training at that time on the field. My number is 07809111711. Please feel free to call me for more infomation (evenings are a better time to reach me). Nick

Xavier Andrew

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 01:33:16 PM »
How was the response? Did you get any takers? If you would like to promote this more, email me a poster I can put on the home page brill07@timandrew.co.uk

what's taekwondo?:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taekwondo

all the best TIM
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 01:36:01 PM by Xavier Andrew »

nickwynd

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 06:48:40 PM »
I have had to stop the classes on a friday for the time being. There are still classes in the local area (Thame). The sunday class is 10:30 at the Thame Lesiure Centre. Please feel free to contact me regarding this. I will let people know if the brill class starts again. Thanks Nick