Author Topic: common  (Read 4442 times)

tomski

• come on you hoops
common
« on: March 02, 2008, 02:39:12 PM »
nice to see the common at last over norcotts, good work ,started to look as it should :)

Tim Andrew

• Administrator
  • Brill webmaster and moderator
Re: common
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 05:55:42 PM »
Yes, I was out and about on the common today and there really has been a big effort to cut back the brambles 8). Apparently though they will stop now as the bird nesting season gets underway. Anyone who wants to help maintain the common should know that a group of volunteers meets on the 1st and 3rd saturday of the month around 10am for a couple of hours of upkeep followed by a drink in the Pheasant. Contact Dave Munson/Peter Bugg if you want to know more.

tomski

• come on you hoops
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 06:50:50 PM »
there is a second group of volunteers that also meet who have started over at norcotts ;)

Macker

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 04:33:46 PM »
Totally agree with Tim, and Tomski, nice to see this part of the common again, I remember Norcotts as a kid back in the day itís good to see it cleared.  Although I didnít see any members of the Brill common Committee down there, when 30 volunteers gave up their weekend to help clear the area in question. Another 10 years and we wonít have a common to walk on if these brambles are not destroyed and the common managed properly. Keep up the good work.

Macker

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 04:34:51 PM »
*The 'alternative group that cleared a large area of North Hills are known as the 'Friends of Brill Common' (FOBC)  They are a group of local people concerned at the alarming loss of common from scrub encroachment and with conservation being it's primary concern.*

tomski

• come on you hoops
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 06:01:36 PM »
 well said  ;)

louie.ludlow

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 09:00:57 PM »
 :-X i need to get to have some jumps on the common :P plzzzzzzzz

Tim Andrew

• Administrator
  • Brill webmaster and moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 09:09:29 AM »
i need to get to have some jumps on the common plzzzzzzzz
Hi Louie - maybe you should explain this a bit better?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 09:13:30 AM by Tim Andrew »