Author Topic: Family History help required please  (Read 2070 times)

Dawn

Family History help required please
« on: January 13, 2016, 07:32:42 PM »
Hello,
My name is Dawn and my grandma was a Hartwell descended from James Hartwell who married Sarah Hubbocks in Brill, daughter of Robert Hubbocks and his wife Ann Farey. The Hubbocks' seem to have been an old Brill family and I've traced Robert Hubbocks family line back to the 17th Century although I've not found any info about his wife at all other than their marriage in Grendon Underwood. James Hartwell died in 1844 in Brill . Jack Hartwell of Hartwells Barn and the Pheasant is connected as is George Hartwell who was landlord of the Swan as well as being a letter carrier/ postman. My descent is James Hartwell and Sarah Hubbocks - Thomas Hartwell and Elizabeth Colson (daughter of Henry Colson and Lucy Prior) -  Sidney Charles Hartwell and Drusilla Chell (although by then the family had moved into Staffordshire, Leicestershire and  Derbyshire more or less  following the pits). My Grandma Elsie Annie Hartwell was their daughter and she  married Albert Rayner in 1912. I live in Doncaster so it's a bit of a trek for me to get to Buckinghamshire!
What I'm hoping is that people might have old pictures that they'd be happy to share  please (for my own personal use only) of Brill and Oakley and also perhaps of the Swan, the Pheasant and Hartwells Barn . The family lived at various times on the Common and Windmill Street. Also if anyone knows anything of the Hartwells, the Colsons, the Hubbocks' and perhaps even the Fareys I'd love to hear.
I don't want my family history to be just a list of names and dates so I do hope someone can help. Thank you and sorry this is such a long post!
Dawn

Tim Andrew

• Administrator
  • Brill webmaster and moderator
Re: Family History help required please
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 11:23:38 PM »
Hi, I've posted part of your message on the Brill Facebook group, which is much more active then this message board. I'm hoping you'll get an answer. Failing that please ask to join the group and I'll approve membership https://www.facebook.com/groups/214189381979874/  Thanks

Dawn

Re: Family History help required please
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 07:30:57 PM »
Thank you Tim.
I do hope people may be able to help.
Dawn