Author Topic: Train to London  (Read 5850 times)

VJ

Train to London
« on: February 16, 2013, 06:11:16 PM »
Hi, I am a bit ahead of myself but we are hoping to move to Brill this year. Sometimes my husband has to visit customers in London and he was wondering what the train service was like from Haddenham and Thame - Can you generally get a seat?  Replies greatly appreciated, thanks

Logan

Re: Train to London
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 04:11:44 PM »
Hello,

Firstly, welcome to Brill! The train to London from Haddenham and Thame is generally very good. They have recently upgraded and it is now possible to get a direct, non-stop train into Marlyebone in 39 minutes. I've always managed to get a seat when I have to go into London for work and generally the trains are well kept and comfortable. While can't discount weather disruptions etc., it's a good service overall - so much so that I'll be commuting regularly from the autumn.

Hope that helps!

Logan

VJ

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 05:32:26 PM »
Logan, hi thanks very much for your reply, much appreciated.  My husbands pleased!  It's early days yet but we are hoping to buy one of the new houses in Miller View - not that there's a view.  Best wishes. VJ

VJ

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 09:54:00 PM »
Hi again Logan, today we finally put a deposit on a new house in Miller View, Brill here we come! VJ

SarahD

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 09:54:07 PM »
Hello VJ.  We too will be moving to Miller View, hopefully on June 26th  - expecting to exchange on Monday....

When do you hope to be in?  Where are you moving from? 

Look forward to meeting you some day!

VJ

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 06:52:58 AM »
Hi Sarah :-). Our projected date is 21 June but were probably not exchanging til 14th so it's all rather tight! We are buying plot 4 which is no 10. Look forward to meeting you! Moving from Bromley in Kent  You? All the best vj

SarahD

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 06:10:31 PM »
We are buying plot 13 (unlucky for some, hopefully not us...) which is no1.  The RH semi-detached as you drive into the development.  We are fairly local - currently living near Watlington (J6 M40) but originally from Norfolk and Warwickshire.  Been working in the area for 3 years.  Hope everything goes well for the 21st.  See you half a week later!  How have you found Miller Homes?

VJ

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 07:39:15 PM »
Hi Sarah. As this is a public notice board perhaps your question will best be answered over a cup of tea/coffee! hope your exchanged happened. Let you know when we have a final date and hope to meet you end June sometime! PS we both like no 13 and would have loved that as a house no! But no no. 13 to be in Colley Close!

VJ

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 02:52:29 PM »
Hi again  It seems we are having to be patient a while longer so you will probably move before us! Good luck with it all and hope to meet you soon. Regards, VJ

SarahD

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 10:18:37 PM »
Hi VJ

Any news on the move? We are here and enjoying life in Brill!

Sarah

VJ

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 06:05:22 AM »
Hi Sarah. Glad you're in and enjoying. We've had a nightmare few weeks but finally exchanged last Thursday and we are moving on Friday 26th July. See you soon! Best VJ 😄🏡

SarahD

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 06:28:44 AM »
Congratulations! Good luck with the move :)

VJ

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 07:09:58 AM »
Thanks. Any sign of the big ones selling yet? VJ